Friday, June 13, 2014

Wow ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Still not sure how I feel! It seems like yesterday when we were still living in Matthews in our 2 bedroom apartment and Cody was 2. A lot has happened over the last 18 years and yesterday seemed like the end of the road in a way. But in a way it seemed a little aticlimatic.

No I didn't cry, I thought I might but I didn't, he walked down the aisle and across the stage and became a high school graduate. I took pictures and we went out to eat afterward. He now heads to the beach for a week with his friends and then we start Central Piedmont in the fall.

It's like I realize high school is over but the journey will still continue. I don't know if I thought any different or what but to me we just keep moving. Over the last 6-8 months I have had several conversations with other parents and sometimes I walked away surprised at what they had said.

Some can't wait for their kids to move out and others can't wait to remodel the kids room! Some parents have talked about school being such a pain in the ass and glad they don't have to deal with it anymore. I never felt that way, over the last 13 years of school I have never missed a function either one of my kids have been involved in and don't plan on missing any for the next 4 years.

It's never been a pain to me, to me it's been a privilege! My kids now I will be there and know when they look over my way I will have a smile on my face and be helping if I am needed. How any parent could ever consider that a pain I will never understand!

Point is to me we are still on the "ride", I hope and plan to be just as close to my boys in 20 years as I am now! I thought graduation was gonna feel like an end in some since but last night when Cody got home a little after midnight he came in our room and talked for another half hour.

Just like he has done for the last 18 years, when he wants to talk we talk. Just like we always have and always will. Graduation came and went, yes it's a big deal. But over all it's small potatoes!

We now start the next chapter............... I love this book...........

No comments:

Post a Comment