Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Back, and Caught Up !!!!!!!!!!

I came back and Monday was kinda slow. I thought "man I must have done a good job before I left, everything is rolling really well". Then yesterday the bottom fell out! I was fixing all kinda crap! Nothing major but damn I was busy. A few things could have been taken care of last week but around my office people tend to steer clear of projects they haven't been involved in.

Partly because of the complexity of some projects and partly because they are a bunch of lazy ass's! You know the type of co-worker, the one who isn't gonna do anymore than required! You gotta love'em all though, when you spend 40 hours a week with someone you better get along or you'll drive yourself nuts!

So back to life. I worked hard yesterday and stared out the window all day at a beautiful sky and had plans to ride as soon as I got home. About 30 minutes before I got out of here the sky got dark and it was raining when I left! I thought no worries, as soon as it's over I am gonna hit the road. That never happened! It rained forever, I never did get out the door. It rained all evening.

So now I sit here looking at a beautiful day and hope to make it out tonight. I already have my route planned in my head, I just need the weather to cooperate.....



Now to tell a story! First of all, cyclist never win when it comes to crazy motorist! We (as cyclist) can call the cops and press charges, and go to court 5 times and in the end whoever did a wrong toward the cyclist will get a slap on the wrist (if that). It's just the way it is and the way it will always be! Just except it and move on.

If you get hit by a car or shot in the back or something thrown at you and it hits you in the back of the head at 55 miles an hour, all of that is your fault! Suck it up and get over it!!!!!

                              Why am I telling you this? Because it's true...

I got hit in the back of the head with a drink one time and went to court 5 times and they threw it out! My buddy got shot in the back with a BB gun and the kids got a slap on the wrist! I got side swiped by a car Saturday and the cops found the lady and I am not gonna press charges. Been there done that......

                                            Nothing happens.........

Besides she was 90 years old and got scared and kinda panicked. She was scared she was gonna get hit in the back going slow and didn't know what to do. When she did get beside me she went ahead and came on over, bam I was in the ditch! No I didn't go down and I managed to get right back up on the road. Yes it could have been worse and yes she screwed up.

I got the tag number and was mad as hell at first. I was riding along mad and was trying to decide weather or not to call the cops, been there done that, remember. Nothing happens! When I saw a state trooper coming so I flagged him down. He took the info and said he would question the lady. He even asked then if I wanted to press charges and I replied that nothing happens. Of course he said he would make it happen but I was still skeptical.

I told him to check into it and let me know what her attitude was. I honestly didn't really want to pursue it, not after wasting 5 trips to court last time. Plus the kids who shot Kelly had just been to court and nothing happened so why would I think she would get anything for bumping into me.

Well he called yesterday afternoon and told me he had meet the lady and what she had said and how old she was and how upset she was to be questioned by an officer. I then felt sorry for her! All I could think about was my grandma! LOL...

Here I am, the one who just got hit by a damn car and I feel sorry the driver! They are gonna start the process to revoke her license, she has had a few bump ups in the last few years that where kinda questionable. So this was kinda the final straw....

                       Now I feel guilty! I am the reason grandma is gonna have to walk..........

                                                      The irony!!!!!!!!!! Of being a cyclist.............

No comments:

Post a Comment