Monday, October 21, 2013

I Like Last Minute Plans ,,,,,,

This might not be totally last minute but it sure as hell was spur of the moment. The wife has a birthday coming up this weekend and I really hadn't made any plans beyond a dinner, card and flowers. But that all changed, I woke up yesterday and checked my banking account. I took inventory of the bills I have lined up for this weekend and decided we needed to do something.

Something besides the dinner flowers and a card. I had her do some inquiring about the mountain house we have access to and found out it's empty this weekend. Last year we went up and went horseback riding in the Pisgah National Forrest. This year we are gonna go up and go hiking in the Pisgah National Forrest! We have a few big items planned for Christmas so I have been watching the funds. That's the reason I had planned to take it easy for her birthday.

But when you sit down and figure out how much flowers a card and dinner all cost and the car gets 36 miles to the gallon. What the hell it's my story and I know she would rather go some where than stay here so we are going to the hills. Hiking is cheap (free) and I can cook dinner Saturday night. We can go out for breakfast Saturday am and lunch will be whatever we find while we are out. Sunday we will head home around 4 so we will do breakfast and lunch. Easy weekend and she's happy!!!

Saluda has a great little downtown and we can turn the kids loose and don't have to worry about what they are doing. The front porch has a great view and it's a quick and easy couple of days away. Plus I never got to take my usual fall mountain bike trip so I still have that money set aside. Might as well score some points around the house and take the wife and kids up for a few days...

Happy wife, happy life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment