Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Too Late,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I hope not! Two weeks before a race is not the time to change up your riding habits, but what the hell... I am not the normal....

Since I am gonna go and climb 4000' ft before lunch next Saturday, I thought maybe I should go climb some hills. I don't know if two weeks is when you should try a new plan but I am.

Last night I hit the climbs hard! I went straight over to Lawyers rd and did the hardest climb in our area. FOUR times! My legs where on fire, by the time I did the fourth one my legs where trembling. From there I headed out and ended up with 35 miles.

Not bad for a Tuesday ride. Now tonight I am gonna go out and ride easy then hit the hills again tomorrow. Who knows if I will benefit from this by the time I get to Old Fort but at least I can say I am trying. I want to start riding a little more often in the mountains so eventually it will pay off.

It was fun, to be honest. I look forward to heading back to the hills. It's gonna make me stronger. Now I want to ride over to Norwood. There's a ton of climbs that way. Suffering is what it's all about. You have to be a cyclist to understand......

No comments:

Post a Comment