Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This Is Getting Weird..........

Yep my hand hurts and my ribs are killing me. So what move on. I got shit to do.

Last night I actually took the time to wash wax and clean the chain!! All on the road bike! I hardly ever wash the damn thing much less all the other stuff. It has a shine like it never has before. If I am gonna spend the next 6 to 8 weeks riding it I want it clean.

The chain even looks brand new! I didn't know how dirty the bike really was. I should have done this a long time ago. My son asked if I even knew when I washed it last and I honestly can't remember.

But the point is I am actually trying to embrace the road bike. If I have no choice but to ride it that's what I will do.

I'm loving road biking right now. Ah, the effortless descents. The steady red-line heart rate of a hard climb. The smooth, flowing lines and leg-pumping flats. I go through phases with road biking; generally a few weeks of loving it until I get mentally worn down by run-ins with traffic, or distracted by deeper outdoor adventures. But right now, it's perfect, it's pressure-free, and it's just what I need.

I copied that from another blog I follow. It seems to sum up the way I feel right now, not over joyed but the "right now" fits. Now if I can get the yard mowed I will be on the road............

No comments:

Post a Comment