Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Then We Had Sunday............

So after my "surprise fun day" at the Lazy 5 I really wanted to make the most of my time Sunday. So after I got home from church I loaded up my pockets and hit the road, on my road bike. I wanted the most bang for my buck time wise so loading up and heading down the road in a car to go ride was out of the question. That's always been my one complaint about riding mtn bikes. You have to load up to go ride. Seems like you cancel out any good carbon killing by driving the car to do it.

Oh well, we do it for fun not to be green! 

First of all I want to brag about my road bike a little. I really like this bike, after I had Cody build it and I finally got everything dialed in it really is as smooth as silk. No it's not carbon, yes it has a dent in the top tube and a few scratches here and there, it's a 20 year old frame by god! But it's steel!! That makes the difference! If you haven't ridden a steel frame in awhile you ought to try one. Yes it's a little heavier but so what. The weight on my bike as built is 20 pounds.

Last but not least I haven't talked about my Brooks seat in some time. I have had it about 2 years now and I love it even more every time I ride it. Yes it has an old school look most people think it's heavy, NOT, but the ride it provides is second to none! By far the best 75 bucks I ever spent. I rode for 3 hours Sunday and the seat is as comfy as it gets!

The best part of my bike is people don't know what to think of it. Cycling is a fickle sport! Bike shops stay in business selling people stuff they absolutely don't need,  much less can use to the level it is designed for, yet people have to have the latest and greatest no matter what it is. Don't get me wrong I have carbon cranks all Ultegra shifter bits and Cane Creek brakes. With XRP wheels and Vuluta hubs. Yep it's pretty sweet!

But when they see the Bridgestone on the down tube they aren't sure if it's an exotic or a POS. Bridgestone quit making bicycles 20 years ago. I like that, the last thing I want to do is fit in with everybody else!!!!!!

I like the road less traveled..... That's where I was heading Sunday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment