Sunday, September 9, 2012

OK Now What...................

Yesterday I was supposed to ride with Kelly, Charles and the gang at Sherman. I didn't go, my buddies who I ride with in Pisgah called and wanted to hit Cane Creek. I went with them.

I don't get to ride with them very often and we have our fall trip coming up so Cane Creek it was.

I don't want to get to far off on a tangent about the Creek so I will keep this short! It's like one of the original places to mountain bike in the area and at one time it would be full of riders on a given Saturday morning. Now it's not..... Nobody goes there....

Why? Because they don't want you there! They charge 4 dollars entry and 3 for trail use. So 7 dollars to ride trails that get absolutely no maintenance. Where the 3 dollars goes is any ones guess! What a shame....

OK back to my ride, I was enjoying the morning and having a good time! I decide to try an old trail that never gets ridden and was headed up this hill when a vine caught my skewer and released my rear wheel! Never had that happen before!

So the wheel pops out and takes the derailleur with it! So now I am standing there with the wheel in one hand and the frame in the other. Thinking "how the hell did that happen".

My buddies had went the easy way and where at the top of the hill waiting. I come walking up asking them to go get the truck when Robert says "why, we can fix it",and we do!

We get it back together, at least good enough I can ride back to the truck. You see I am bad about not carrying any tools, no tubes nothing! If I have a flat I usually just head to the truck and fix it when I get home. Robert, he rides in the mountains enough that he carries everything with him.

You get way up in the mountains you better have tools! So I come home and fix it right and I am good to go....

Maybe I need to gets some tools together?

Day 25...................

No comments:

Post a Comment