Friday, September 7, 2012

I am Ready For Cold weather !!! NOW......

Right now!!!!!!! Not later NOW.....

Why?

Because I hate snakes!!!!! This year has been the year for snakes. I have ridden for 20 years and I think I have seen maybe 10 snakes.

This year I have seen so many I lost count! Not just black snakes either, I am talking poisonous snakes!

Since last fall when I came across the rattlesnake up in Pisgah I have seen probably 20 copperheads! I hadn't seen 2 in the last 20 years!

Why is this the subject today, because last night I waited till after it rained and headed to Sherman Branch. I got there and it had hardly rained. At my house we got a down pour. So I am there with 2 other cars in the lot and I get ready.

I want to get in the woods before the other 2 guys do. Why does that matter, because I know somebody will be riding clean up behind me. In other words I can haul ass and not worry about the consequences of a mistake!

Yes I think about that when I ride, if you have ever had a bad wreck and had to be hauled out of the woods by the EMT's you would think the same way. When I go to Uhwarrie I always try to keep it down a little not as many people ride over there and I damn sure don't want to spend a night in the woods wishing someone would find me.

Yes I have a phone but I don't always carry it. I do at Uhwarrie but it doesn't work everywhere over there.

Back to snakes! I am hauling ass and enjoying the ride when I have to slam on the brakes! Right in front of me is laying a big fat copperhead!

Dammit..........

It needs to get cold and they need to head back into the ground for the winter!!!! I don't want to see another snake.....

I might ride the road bike for the rest of the fall................ NOT.......

Oh yea, I feel a little better.......

Day 23..............

No comments:

Post a Comment