Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sherlock Holmes........Not........

Well maybe, I did do my own investigation and figured it out. Most of the time I just roll into the bike shop and make my problem their problem. Sometimes they seem interested, other times they don't.

I think they listen and let out a sigh of relief when I walk out. 

What did I figure out you ask? Well the stem is to long on my new most awesome road bike. It has the old pinch bolt 1" stem on it and it's to long. I need a shorter one.

So I "Google" Dimension bicycle parts. That is the name stamped on the stem I have, see I was using all 3 of my brain cells to figure this out. I end up connected to Amazon.com, 15 pages later I find what I am looking for! Score!!!!

A "steerer adaptor 1" quill to 1-1/8" thread less black". In my Color, now I can get rid of my chrome stem and get back to black.

I figured this out all by myself... Now I can use my shorter stem off my donor bike and get everything back in line.

"Everything".... Meaning my back!!!!!!!! So far that's the only change I think I might make. Total invested $16.50.... Just call me "Sherlock".. 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. On past bikes I've had, I've never been able to get the handlebars right where I want them, and it was so uncomfortable. But with my most recent bike purchase, I got a height-adjustable stem, and it hasn't been a problem since.

    ReplyDelete