Monday, February 7, 2011

Go Green Bay........

Ok I guess you figured out who won the Superbowl. Yep the Green Bay Packers!! My team is the Eagles and the Packers eliminated them in the playoffs. So at first they weren't the team I would have pulled for but then they meet the Steelers in the big game. Now growing up you where either a Cowboys fan or a Steelers fan and I still to this day don't like horses so guess which team I liked. Yep the Steelers..

But I don't like Ben. The guy is a jerk, all I have heard is how he has changed and I hope he has. Good thing both cases against him were dropped. He would still be in jail. But that's my opinion. So anyhow I am glad the Packers won. Now we can forget about Brett Favre, they can change the name of Brett Farve blvd. To Aaron Rogers Blvd...The healing will be complete!!!!

Ok, now I can get off my soap box and move on. It was a good game stayed up and watched the whole thing. Karen hung in there till about 9:15 then she was out. Chase was more interested in the Puppy Bowl on the Animal Planet than the Super Bowl. The joy's of being 10.....

So it was a beautiful weekend, got out and played both days. The wind was terrible Saturday and made for an awful ride but at least I was out and off the couch. Sunday had a little wind and was perfect. Went out and made the best of it. Not racing this winter has been nice. The weather has been hit or miss so they have had some crappy races and some perfect ones also. Not racing I haven't had to worry about training. That has been the best part, I go out and ride and if I ain't feeling it in the legs I just enjoy the ride at a slower pace. When I am on my game it feels even better.

still one of my favorite pictures....
Cody is into the BMX bike and Soccer so he hasn't given much thought to the bikes. They both had good report cards last week so it is hard to get mad at them for not riding. I have good kids and you have to let them figure out what they like to do. Not what you want them to do!!! If it was up to me we would be training and getting ready for the spring. Right now it looks like I might be doing a few races this year and that's about it...

The kicker to that is the bike shop who has really helped me and the kids out the last few years finally stepped up and put together a real race team this year. Got sponsors and the whole nine yards, and here we are going to pass on the whole deal. Kinda bums me out. I would like to be apart of it but don't want to commit if I am not going to be dependable. Oh well I am 42 not 15...Although it has made riding more enjoyable not worrying about the level of my conditioning.......

The thing is a mtn bike race takes all day, none of the ones I want to do are around this area. I like doing the trails we never get to ride on. So I leave and it takes me 2 hours to get to a race and then race and 2 hours home. I have tied up all day. A day that was not spent with the kids. So you move on, we got a canoe for Christmas and it is just about time to get it out. They are both ready to head to the lake and play on that. We found a river trip of 25 miles on Rocky River which is not but a few miles from the house. Found it on a rafting web site about N.C. rivers. So looking forward to that.

So anyhow found this picture this morning, got to add that to the things I got to get done before I croak..The Aurora lights!! This was taken over the weekend from Fairbanks Alaska. What a sight..

One last thing how's this picture to put things in perspective. That's Yao Ming with his custom mtn bike the guy with him is the same height as I am 5'10"........That's one big dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment