Friday, January 7, 2011

RIDING

Last night I went out in the cold and dark and did a road ride..I think we went about 25miles , that is a guess because when I hook up my light it kills the signal to my computer from the front wheel..So it was probably more like 20miles..But then again it's my story and I get to tell it..So anyway I went riding with a friend of mine and his son the son is also good friends with my kids also..He was killing us.. Yes he is 15 and I am 42 but what the hell I have been riding longer than he has and that ought to be good enough..Damn it was tough , we are starting the race season next weekend (the 16th) and I am so far off right now it ain't even funny..Now winter short track racing ain't my favorite thing anyway , I always kind of use it to get rolling , out of 40 people I feel like I am on track for my season if I finish inside the top 15..Then when my real season starts and we start stretching the race course out I will be back in the top 5 and all will be well in my little world......

Well this year seems to be a little different I have been riding a lot by myself lately .. I am still doing long rides and climbing a lot of hills but I am not timing everything all the times and haven't been doing intervals at all..And it is showing , I think I still have what it takes physically to stay up front ...BUT mentally I am having a hard time getting my head into the game , is it age or just burnout..Or other interest..

Lets brake it down.....1st....age....nope not a factor you are only as old as you let yourself believe and I ain't nowhere near the age my license says...2nd...burnout...nope I love to ride and get ill and grumpy if I don't get to ride at least 3-4days a week...Other interest...ding-ding-ding...if ya haven't noticed the pics of my touring bike please read the prior posts...

All I do now is surf the net checking out the bicycle touring sites and reading other peoples travel tales..Then google maps added that bicycle feature for planning routes.. I like the ideal but the feature is a little rough..They ask for feed back if a road is not suitable for bicycles , and I send them emails but nothing ever changes..Oh well at least I try..I am planning on a trip (maiden voyage) this spring and looking  forward to it..So that has been my interest this year..Then I found the web site Crazyguyonabike.com..It has nothing but touring tales on there , with all kinds of info..So now what do I do..To me the ideal of going from town to town through the country on all the back roads appeals to me..Pedaling a bicycle fully self contained with all the crap you need for a trip would be cool..Checkout the pics....
sweet ride

I spent five years watching the world go by looking through the windshield of a big truck..I might as well slow down and see everything I missed at 65mph..

Speaking of big trucks check out this large car..Long and Low baby..It's got the cool factor knocked out of the park..........And the specs are dead on 525cummins and 15 overdrive transmission..in truck language that means it will haul ass......It would get you to the store and back in a big hurry..

So anyhow I am gonna hit the road tonight before the weather comes in again and see if I can find some extra zip..If not I am gonna enjoy the ride anyway..See ya.......

No comments:

Post a Comment