Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year

So I made it thru another New Years Eve.. We did'nt do anything fantastic , ordered Applebees curbside takeout and came home and ordered a movie.. The kids stayed at moms and we had a quit evening..Got to see Dick clark , he ain't lookin too good but he was there , been a tough year for him..So that was it I am a real party animal..

New years day was a continuation of last weekend..Karen's brother and his family made it in for a late christmas and then we had a gathering for the Purser side of her family..After that the day was shot..Had a good day , glad the holidays are officially over...

So that brings us up to sunday.. Got up went out to breakfast and saw the family off , the weather was rainy and overcast..So I dicided to hit the trail on the road bike..great decision had a good wind that made it a little tough but the sun even came out toward the end of the ride..It had been since cristmas eve since I had pedaled..And it showed..LOL.. At least I know where I stand at the moment..We start racing in less than 2 weeks and I suck..Oh well racing is not fun anyway it hurts , it's just gonna hurt real bad this winter after it's over it won't hurt anymore..And you forget about how bad it was hurting untill the next race..Every year I say I am gonna be in shape when the winter series starts or I will claim all fall I ain't gonna race the winter series..So this will make the 3rd time I end up on the start line..With no conditioning ..The Southern Classic Series starts in March..That is what I am focusing on this year , so this will just be the start of my training for that..The temp yesterday was 62 in the afternoon , now it's 25 this morning...



That brings ya up to date on my boring life , if the weather ever gets any better (its cold again) I will be able to start training..Gonna leave work a little early today Chase my youngest has a stomach virus he is sick..Got a doctor appointment..if we get home soon enough I am gonna try to get on the road , see how he is doing first..Would have had some pics today but did not want to chance taking the camera yesterday , looked like it might rain when I left the truck..
found this.....

Not trying to make anyone mad , but being from the Charlotte area and living though the Jim Baker era..Rise and fall.. The second to last on the list made me laugh..
the full picture
And on to the truck of the day .. Yes you have already seen it but now you can see the whole pic..This truck is just like the first one I had , and crashed..This one was for sale for about 10grand ..Not much more than a used car..LOL.. ya the wife ain't buying that thought either...Oh well..it would make a hell of a grocery getter.......

No comments:

Post a Comment