Monday, June 22, 2015

Time For Tires !!!!!!!!!!

At least that's what I think! The reason for thinking this was the time I had to think about it. Both times I was on the side of the road changing flats. Yes I said BOTH,,, Saturday I get ready and head out with a big ride planned.


I make it 7 miles and hear the dreaded hiss sound, the one you hear when your tire is going flat! I stop and proceed to change it out. Keep in mind I haven't had a flat in a long time! Now with that in mind I managed to pinch the tube and as I re-inflate it it goes flat again! Now I have no tubes and a flat tire and I am 7 miles from the house. Great! Karen is working and Chase ain't old enough to drive yet.


My mom lives on the other side of the county so I hated to call her for a ride. Plus it was still pretty early in the day so I decided to suck it up and start walking. I make it about a 100 yards and a friend of mine comes along and sees me walking. He turns around and loads me up and takes me to the house! Score, I got home and didn't walk very long and still didn't have to call anyone.


That left me with a new delima? It was still early and I was already home, fix it and ride? Or grab a beer and hit the pool! I called it a day and hit the pool. You knew that anyway.. I figured I could just make it up Sunday.


Then Sunday I do as I planned and guess what! 10 miles from the house and flat number 2. Keep in mind I haven't had a single flat, much less two flats in the last two years! So now I am on the side of the road for the second time in two days changing a tire. Of course this time I take my time and make sure I don't pinch the tube and it all works out and I am rolling again in no time.


Once I finally get home and inspect my tires I decide that must be the reason. I need to change them after 2 flat in two days. Pricepoint.com here I come..........

No comments:

Post a Comment