Monday, June 29, 2015

It's Been a Busy Week !!!!!!!!!!

Since the last time I posted it's been busy! Cody came home Tuesday and we enjoyed him till he left yesterday morning. It's hard to believe but we are near the end of his time in Pennsylvania, he went back and only has about 10 more weeks and it's over. He graduates and comes home.


Nine months sounds a lot longer than it really is. It's amazing how quick this has went! Plus every time we see him it's neet to see how much he has grown, not height wise either! I am referring to him just growing up! He has managed to make it for 6 months doing everything! From keeping himself feed right down to washing his own clothes.


I still can't believe how good he has done. Considering he had a hard time even finding the washing machine at home. He now seems to do alright! He's growing up!


Plus Chase had drivers ed last week and he now only has to do his driving and then I will have kid number 2 behind the wheel. Life comes and goes and it all happens really fast. All you can do is hang on and hope for the best. It's still hard to believe how fast the kids are growing up! I am proud of both of them!


Yes I have been riding and my body has the bruises to show for it too! I have crashed twice lately and both times it was in the worst possible place! A rock garden!! Yesterday I managed to go over the bars in a really rough spot down at Cane Creek and I honestly though as I was flying through the air that this could be bad.


When I hit the ground I tried to tuck and roll but that's not really an option when your landing in rocks and some of them are the size of a basketball. Total count: one bloody foot two bruised arms and one really bruised upper arm. Not counting the hip that is killing me! On top of that I still had about 8 miles to get back to the car.


I managed to make it but I need a few days off the bike now. It seems like I go forever without any mishaps and then I will have a couple in a row.. I look forward to the next dry spell! Crashing hurts! Plus I had a birthday, I am now 47. One of these days I might have to grow up! It just won't be today or tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment