Friday, March 27, 2015

Now I Know !!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I went home and planned on doing nothing. Then I got home and decided that sucked so I loaded the bike and headed to the trails. With mowing the yard for the first time this year and the pollen starting to release my allergies have gone nuts! My throat is killing me and I can't sleep worth a damn.


Being outside and feeling like shit still sounded better than being inside and feeling like shit. So out I went! Thirty minutes later I got to Sherman Branch and headed in the woods. I had all the intentions in the world of taking my time and enjoying the ride. I even took my full suspension bike, the 26in because I wanted to ease along. Of course that lasted about the first 50 yards of the trail.


I saw another rider leave the truck and knew he was gonna be behind me so the first thought through my head was I don't want to be passed! Now keep in mind I have only ridden like 4 times in the last 6 weeks. With travel and the weather this winter my bike riding has really been way off. I usually ride right through the winter but not this year. As I have already said before I was coming off one of the best fall riding seasons I have had in a long time.


To loose all that fitness in a matter of weeks really sucked! Not complaining though I have spent a lot of quality time with the boys skiing this year. It's been fun, plus that's the reason I started riding again was time with the kids. This winter has been time with the kids, just a different type of time.


Back to what I know.... First off I am too competitive to try and ride easy at a busy trail. I hate to get passed and if someone is behind me I am gonna blow up before I let them pass. Second, I now know what kind of time I can lay down. I had a :59 minute lap, when I am totally kicking ass I will be down at the :53 minute mark. The climbs, that's where it's all lost! Right now I just don't have it in me, I get back to riding 3 days a week and I will be right back on it...


Third and most important thing! I had a blast last night! Even feeling bad it felt great to be in the woods and riding bikes. It's gonna be a great summer, maybe a slow winter riding and a break from riding was what I needed.................

No comments:

Post a Comment