Wednesday, October 29, 2014

8'oclock,,,,,,,,,, and Over Dressed,,,,,,,,,,

Let's start with the "8'oclock". The other day I was talking to my buddy and he was about to mow his yard, nothing special about that except it was 7pm. I asked if he had lights on his mower, he said no. He was gonna wear his bicycle helmet with his light attached! Made since to me!

So last night I got home and it being a rest day I did a few things around the house. I ran a few errands and then came home. We stood outside and waited for the rocket to launch also. If you don't know what I am talking about NASA was launching a rocket last night and if you stood outside and looked to the northeast you were gonna be able to see it. Well it blew up and we didn't get to see it!

                  The only good thing about that story is that it was an unmanned rocket so no one was hurt...

By the time I got around to mowing my yard it was well past dark. I came in the house wearing my bicycle helmet with the light strapped on and the wife thought I was crazy! It worked out perfect! Why hadn't I thought of that! Those lights are good for many things, just because it's dark outside doesn't mean the day is done! Hell I was having so much fun being outside with the weather being so nice and mild I went ahead and washed one of the cars and rinsed off the other one.

I stirred up a bunch of dust mowing! I was having fun! The neighbors where probably wondering what I was doing but hell it's my world....

Now for the "Over Dressed" part. After a good nights sleep, I was worn out from being outside so late. I got up this morning and decided to ride the motorcycle to work. They are predicting a 55 percent chance of rain today but what the hell I still have a 45 percent chance it doesn't rain at all. I rolled the dice, I like the odds. I like to use the baseball batting average comparison.

If I played baseball and I had a life time batting average of 45 percent they would rename the hall of fame after me! So those odds make sense to me! Ride Baby!! BUT,,,, this morning I "Overdressed". It was 60 degrees out and I still dressed like it was 40. Why, I don't know but I was toasty warm. On the really cold mornings and I am cold I always think back to the "Over Dressed" days.

                                         It makes me feel warm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment