Friday, March 14, 2014

Old Dog,,,, New Tricks,,,,,,,,,,,,

I would consider myself a medium aged dog in stead of an old dog but it is what it is! For the last 2 days I have been at Windsor window company learning all about their products. For the last several years I have concentrated on the decking and railing products, along with doors.

Plus everything else we do. We have always had a couple of guys who do the windows. When things got slow a few years ago we let one of them go. The other guy has been able to handle it since, but now that we are getting busier he needs help! The interesting thing about this is the fact that we have no plans to hire anyone else for this job. It's gonna be added to my list of things to do.

Not like I have all this free time on my hands..... But the reason we aren't hiring anyone else is because of our fantastic new government health insurance. The 50 employee rule! We are at 46 and will need to hire a few more drivers over the next few years, that means we are tapped out as far as office personnel goes! So instead of growing our company back up to the 80 employee's we where at 5 years ago we will never be that big again. We will be at our max of 49.....

Plus the 3 employee's we end up hiring make a whole lot less than the office people. So that means less tax revenue for our fine government to keep up all the deadbeats they keep up now! Gee that makes a lot of sense......

OK, my rant is over. Now on to the weekend! The weather is gonna be great and I am gonna be riding.....

Go outside and play...................

No comments:

Post a Comment