Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Storm Is Over ,,,,,,,,,,,

The 2013 fall house cleaning extravaganza! It's over! At least stage one anyway. I know she'll have a touch up day right before the big day. Again I'll hide in the garage. Point is I know how to make this process as easy as possible. It ain't my first rodeo. The best part is we do this once a year and then it's over. Christmas is at both grandma's houses so I don't have to deal with that.

She will go over and help her mom, but I skip that. We have a holiday routine just like everybody else with family's, I know how the "season" is gonna go every year. Hell I know how next year is gonna go all ready. Although every once in awhile we change it up and go north to my brothers house. But not this year.

So now back to me, my favorite subject. As a good hubby I did my part the last few days so now it's play time. I have my lights charging and a ride planned. We are gonna start in the day light and finish in the dark. I will get home around 8, this will pretty much be my first night ride of the year. It's always fun the first time. It's gonna be a perfect clear cool night, it doesn't get any better than that.

Now if I can just get the kids out and about. I am even trying to get the wife out for a night hike! We have lights, we can damn near light the woods up like a car. It's just fun! Besides just because the sun went down doesn't mean the day is over. In the summer time people will play outside until 9 pm, because it's still day light. Then the same people will go home and be ready for bed at 6;30 because it's dark. I just don't understand that.

I had to teach the wife this same principal years ago. I used to go out and play till dark in the summer time and then come winter she would be mad when I didn't come home till 9 pm. No difference, it's just dark sooner... Now she knows what to expect. All's good. Plus I work around her schedule, got to play the game both ways. She just let's me think I am the boss!

I have friends who fall under that same statement. They can ride in the summer and head home at 7 or 8 and then in the fall and winter they damn near beg their wife to go night ride. Guess what they still get home around 7 or 8. Just doesn't make sense.

Glad I got the crazy house cleaning wife who knows I am the boss!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment