Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Old Habit's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Are hard to break! So the last time I went mountain biking last week I did a little timing to see where I am on my own personal fitness scale. Last night I hit the woods for a ride and once again I timed it.

I must be turning into a racer boy again! NOT.... I just want to make some type of effort to improve my fitness. Why you ask, I know your just sitting on the edge of your seat wanting to know!

Because it looks like I am gonna sign up for the Swank 65 and that will be my first 65 miler. In the mountains of course! I guess I am gonna turn into some kind of endurance racer. Or at least some kind of endurance race attendee.

How much racing I end up doing is any one's guess. These events are more of a personal challenge and that's what I am looking for at this point in my so called racing career.

OK, back to last night. I was headed into the woods at 4:30, thank goodness Sherman is only 10 minutes from my work. I look at my phone and it says 4:32. I have no computer on my bike so I just went by the seat of my pants. I can't tell you how many times during that 11 miles I thought "why the hell do I do this".

I could just slow down and enjoy the ride, but hear I am going all out just to see where I am compared to my time from 3 years ago! But I didn't slow down I kept kicking it! When I came out of the woods the time was 5:26.

Not bad! 54 minutes... My personal best ever time would be 50 minutes so I am happy.

Well I take a break and meet a friend of mine and we go back out for a second lap. 1 hour later I am done again, and I felt like I could have done another lap. That's gonna be my goal for my next ride there, 3 laps.

Point is now that I am interested in some type of competition again I am back to timing and looking for improvement. It's been a long time since I have had this level of interest in my mountain bike.

It's all about the "Old Habit's".... It seems like all my life, no matter how far I have gotten away from bike's they always draw me back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment