Friday, February 15, 2013

I Liked That...............

First off I tried the "Pose" method of running last night. It feels kinda weird right now but I like it. I can see where it's gonna relieve my knees. That's a good thing. I only did a mile on the road by the house and it seems to work. I kinda feel like a spaz but if it works I am all for it!

I went ahead and signed Chase and I up for our next foot race. Next Saturday the 23rd. Mcmullen Creek Green way Charlotte 10/4. It has a ten mile option and a four mile option. We of course are going to do the four miler. He might be ready for a 10 but I am not!

Lately my blog has gotten a little of track. The title implies we do a lot of riding, here lately I am doing a lot of everything else. We do have the racing season coming up and I plan to do the whole series. But I am not gonna kill myself if I miss a few. Right now I am just concentrating on getting in the best shape possible!

Why? I really don't know. People keep asking me if I am training for a triathlon, really I am not. Maybe in the back of my mind I would like to do one but in the front of my mind I am thinking there is no way I am ready for one! Yet I keep upping the anty as far as my exercise level.

It feels great too!!!

I am swimming 4 days a week and riding at least 2 sometimes 3 and wish I was riding more. I have now started the running and have knocked out 2 races so far. Six months ago I would have laughed at you if you would have told me I was going to be running now. Much less already signed up for a fourth race!

So now it seems my daily blog has turned into a dairy of my new exercise program, or weight lose program. Whatever you want to call it. I wasn't really that heavy but I can guarantee you I had 20 to loose, and now I just want to get to the "ultra fit" level.

One of my biggest fears in life is getting fat and loosing out on all the fun stuff you can do when you are fit. I want to run and play like a little kid all my life!

My newest goal is a long term one.

I am 44 and when I hit 50 I promise you I will be in the best shape of my entire life! When I got out of high school I weighed a hundred and sixty five pounds. I am at two hundred now and have lost 17-18 already. Thirty five more pounds is not out of the question.

It will take a commitment to get there but I am in it for the long haul!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment