Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cannondale Prevails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I made mention of it the other day, but maybe I didn't. I broke the derailleur hanger on the Flash 29. Not that big of a deal right? Wrong?

We ordered 2 different aftermarket hangers and neither would work! So we call Cannondale and they say "yea we are out of them and will have them sometime in March".

March.....Are you kidding me!!! A brand new bike and can't even ride it! Well they say "let us get ahold of your area rep and maybe he has one". OK, that sounds simple, NOT...

Come to find out, he's on vacation for 2 weeks! It's the holiday's.

So what do I do? I get mad and take one of the aftermarket hangers and a Drimmel tool and get to work! Twenty minutes and I have one that will work!

Only problem is if you remove the wheel the whole thing will come apart! That ain't good. If you flat you are screwed!

So then I call Cannondale myself and talk to a nice lady named Jodie! I whine and tell her how I am very disappointed with Cannondale for letting this happen! The whole time I am nice and never raise my voice.

I was using the old adage, "you can attract more flies with honey than with s..." IT WORKED!!!!!

My new best friend "Jodie", went down to the R and D department and found one! SCORE!!!!

She dropped it in the mail, and now I have the right hanger! Tonight I will change it and the world will be right!!!!!!!!

Moral of the story; PLAY NICE...................

No comments:

Post a Comment