Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell am I thinking? Since Saturday, when I found out I made the field, everybody from my wife to all my co-workers are saying the same thing..

                       WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING!!!!!!!

So far my response has been to laugh!!! Honestly, I am surprised by the reaction I am getting from everybody. My wife, she has been around long enough she comes to expect things like this! As far as everybody else????

                                    I am surprised!

You only get one shot at this little life you have, are you not going to try things that will make it unforgettable! When I look "back", and think about 2012. I will SMILE, and think about a road trip my son and I took in the spring of that year! I will think about all the people I met and friendships I made!

Is it going to be tough? Uhh, yea, I have a lot of training ahead of me and even then I don't know if I can finish in the allotted time! They have only had 57 people out of 700 previous attempts who made the time cut-off! Odds, yea they suck!

Ten years from now do you think I will dwell on the fact of "where" or "when" or "if" I finished. Hell no!! I will be talking about a great time I had and how much fun that was!!!!

To top it off, my kid will never forget how I drug him a 1000 miles away (and made him drive home)!!! He will have the time of his life!!!!!! You can see it in his face already!! Then in a few years I will come up with another adventure, I have 2 kids and Chase will be older!!!!!

         NOW YOU KNOW "WHAT THE HELL I AM THINKING"

                So, the odds: I don't think they could be any better........

2 comments:

  1. I definitely don't think you're crazy. I admire your decision to race such an incredible event. Good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, want to go ride...LOL..

    ReplyDelete