Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Helmets............

I need a new bicycle helmet. That might not sound like much to most folks but have you ever priced them. Yea you can get them at Wal-Mart for 30 bucks, but that ain't the kind a real cyclist will wear!

This one right here will sell for 200! I like it but it doesn't fit my head right. I have a funny shaped head!

These sell for around a 100 bucks and I haven't tried one on yet. The last thing you want to do is buy a helmet that hurts your head. If you are on the bike for 3-4 hours at a time you don't want a helmet that is gonna give you a headache! Plus this is a mountain bike helmet, not a road bike helmet.

I want a road bike helmet. Now for the bicycle education tip of the day. Do you know the difference between the 2 helmets? Yes the visor is the difference. Mountain bike helmets have a visor and road bike helmets don't.

Does that make since, not to me. The purpose of a visor is to keep the sun out of your eyes. Now according to my little pea brain, if I am on my road bike and riding down the road the sun is usually shinning and hence the need for a visor. If I am in the woods with trees over my head would I really need a visor! No you don't, but you are not cool with a visor on the road. You lose cool points.

You see the road crowd, they worry about stupid shit like that. Mountain bikers could care less! Kinda funny ain't it. More and more mtn. bikers are wearing road helmets in the woods and nobody cares. Roadies aren't making a big push for the visor either. You see most roadies really believe they are stronger than the mountain bikers. They think because they can ride for 50 miles at a shot they are stronger than the average rider. Guess what they are not. One of the funniest things you will ever see is a roadie trying to go mtn biking. No skill set what so ever! Scared to death of crashing, so funny to watch.

Oh well hope that made you think a little bit and laugh a lot...............................I still need a helmet!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment