Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Wonder If I Can Get There............

Not really, I am one hard headed S.O.B. so I know I will get where I want to go. I just never thought it would be this hard! Although it is my first time trying to get in tip top shape at 44 years old. Hell this is the first and only time I have been 44!

I don't like it!

But I will get there. Right now I am bouncing around at 200 pounds, that's about 17-18 pounds I have lost already. I swim 4-5 days a week and I am riding as much as the weather will allow. I wish I could ride more, but I am using a little of everything to make this happen. (biking,riding,running)

I got to the point I wasn't loosening any more weight just by riding and I am enjoying the new stuff so why not do it all. Yes cycling will get you in shape but if you ever notice there are a lot of older cyclist with a nice little belly. I want to loose the belly!

Plus I enjoy the atmosphere of any type racing venue so why not try running, and they do shirts and free stuff with food at all the running races. Bicycling promoters have gotten slack about just taking your money with minimal returns. Hell even if you win you end up with nothing more than a five dollar medal! Although it sure is fun to get them!!!

But anyway the reason I am talking about all this is the fact my knees are killing me! I don't know how long it takes to get used to running but right now my knees are about to explode! To the point I wonder if I need to see a doctor!

One of the guys at the gym says it's worth going to a running shoe company and get professionally fitted, we have one here in Charlotte and I am going to do that. The shoes will end up costing more but my knees are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment