Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Doing Loops.........

We came home and I took the dog straight to the golf course for a good walk. My legs where tired from the mountains but I still wanted to be outside. A man can only take so much family, just kidding,,,


Yesterday we had way above normal temps and I wanted to take advantage of it. It was like 70 degrees. I came home and changed into my running clothes and headed back to the golf course. Did my stretches and took off.


The hardest part for me is the first half mile! Once I get beyond that I am good. Last night it was a little tough! As I already said, it was 70 degrees. No that's not hot at all. But when you have that right behind a whole string of 50 or less days. It can seem really hot! Makes me give thought to the 90 plus days we will have before long.


Once I excepted the fact that heat will suck I kept putting one foot in front of the other and did my 2 laps, 5k. Every time I do this I smile from ear to ear when I get done. It just feels good to know I just ran 3.1 miles. Time is now down to 27 minutes!


Sometime over the last few weeks I have managed to knock a minute a mile out of my time. Now if I can just get rid of 15 more pounds I could probably drop a few more minutes. No particular goals just having fun! Now if the weather will get right I can get the bike out.




By the way going to the mountains over the weekend I was a little worried about my lack of riding and all my running. Lately there has been more running than riding. Turns out it must be a help. I did a lot of climbing and felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment