Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Recovery and Play Time ,,,,,,,,

My goal for the weekend was to take it easy and try not to over due it. I made plans to meet a few friends Saturday down at Cane Creek park, I felt better when I got up Saturday so I went early and pre rode the trails. They showed up and I did it all again. I felt good and it seemed like a good ideal.


Sunday I got up and my good ideal didn't seem so good anymore I was tired! Karen was on call for the day and already had patients lined up so I decided to ride the motorcycle! I hadn't ridden it since last fall so I was kinda ready. Of course it was dead and wouldn't start so I had to put the battery charger on it for a few. Once it started I figured it would charge pretty quick and I would be ready to go.


Of course I had to stop for gas and guess what! It wouldn't start. Luckily this older guy saw me pushing the bike across the parking lot and asked what was wrong. I told him and he ended up giving me a ride to Advance Auto to buy another battery. I got it and borrowed the tools and headed back to the bike.


Of course I borrowed the wrong tools and stood there looking at the bike like a dumb ass for a few minutes before I started looking to see what I had. Low and behold I still had a few tools in the bottom of the side box that my dad had put in there. I had to laugh, he gave me that bike 9 years ago right before he passed away and I still find things he did that make my life easier.


I can't tell you how many times I started to take those tools out and wondered why he had them in there to begin with. Yet here I am 9 years later and I was damn glad he had put them there! Five minutes later and I was on the road again. Back to Advance to return their tools and I was good to go.


I ended up riding for about 3 hours and I got a new battery out of the deal. I enjoyed the ride so much I hope to ride it to Pennsylvania next weekend when I go up to see the kid. I had planned on that at some point this summer but hadn't really thought a lot about it. But now I have it clean and ready to ride I want to go.


          Now I just need a 3 day weather window, cool temps I don't mind but rain sucks.........

No comments:

Post a Comment