Monday, August 4, 2014

Sometimes I Wonder ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I wonder if I am anti-social! There are only a handful of people I will go outta my way to make time for and even fewer I will make plans to ride with. I think it might have something to do with my job but that's probably just an excuse. I am in sales and I talk to probably a 100 plus people a day. By the time I come home I just don't really care to continue talking to people that aren't in my household.

I like people and I enjoy it when I see some of my riding friends and at the races but most of the time I hit the road by myself. Since the kid lost interest it's been me and just me for the most part. Although the dog likes to hang out with me, she doesn't mind the fact I don't talk.

Looking back I guess I have always been this way. I always had a ton of friends and spent many, many, many days playing with them. But even as a kid I enjoyed my alone time. I think that's why I enjoyed the paper route so much. I got to spend every afternoon out riding my bike and delivering the papers by myself! I could stop and hangout at the bike shop, which I did almost daily, and then continue on my way.

On the weekends I would be up and out the door before most people even woke up. I would deliver my papers and then head out exploring. Those are some of my fondest memories! I got to see the city wake up every weekend. I liked growing up in the city.

So if your wondering where I am going with this, yesterday I ended up in Pageland SC sitting on the sidewalk in front of a store waiting for a ride. As I sat there I thought about all this. I had ridden Saturday before the rain hit and then Sunday I got up and headed out early. It being Sunday traffic was really light and it was nice and peaceful. I took the long way to get down that way and I was sitting on the 40 mile mark and I had about 30 to get home.

Instead of heading that way I ordered a couple of hot dogs and called Cody to come get me. He was at home and not doing much so I figured it would be a good Sunday morning for us to chat. About 30 minutes later he showed up and we headed home. We chatted and he drove, we got home and he went on his way and I went to the park with the dog.

I spent the next few hours walking and enjoying the woods, by myself......


                                                "Not all who wander are lost." ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

I like where I am in life..........

No comments:

Post a Comment