Thursday, February 6, 2014

At Least The Sun Is Out !!!!!!!

Yet they are calling for more rain for the weekend. That leaves today and tomorrow as my ride days. Tonight shale be a night road ride. I can't take it anymore. Blah,blah,blah.........

Of course you have heard me whine enough. I did get my "old" road bike out last night and got it moving. It didn't take much considering I just parked it 3 weeks ago. All I had to do was put a seat back on it and it's ready to go. The reason for that? Because if it rains I am gonna ride it instead of my new bike.

Sooner or later it will get brought out and ridden in the rain. But not yet, it's still to new. I haven't even had to wash it yet! Besides, that's what old bikes are for. It doesn't look like I will ever mountain bike again. At this point in time I would have to drive to Uhwarrie if I wanted to and I don't want to ride all the way over there. I think I am gonna turn into a roadie and just sell all my mountain bike stuff.

On a serious note I think I am gonna sign up for Bicycling magazine's "Fall Classic" road ride. It's usually some where around October. Last year I talked about it and didn't do anything to make it happen. That was the same approach I used for the MS150, and that was a mistake. This was the year I planned to do the MS and ride to the beach. Guess what, they changed it up this year. For this first time ever it starts and finishes at the beach. I always wanted to be able to say I road to the beach. Now I will have to wait and see if they change it back to the ride from Charlotte deal.

In other words I took to long to go ahead and do it. I don't want to make the same mistake with this ride. This will be the fourth year. My luck it might be the last if I don't go ahead and do it!!!!

Besides it's in Pennsylvania, I can always see my brother......

No comments:

Post a Comment