Friday, May 10, 2013

That's Not Good........

Well after sitting on my ass for the last three days and doing nothing I finally hit the trail last night for a ride. I knew less than a mile into the ride things are worse than I thought. I skipped the pool all week so I could rest the shoulder and hopefully it would miraculously heal overnight.

Guess what? It didn't, it seems far from healed. I couldn't even keep up with the slow people! Any downhill had me wincing in pain, holding on for the bottom. The loop I usually ride in less than an hour took me a full hour AND five minutes.

Then to add insult to injury, I had bent my derailleur hanger when I crashed and I kept chucking my chain in my spokes. Three times to be exact! By the time I hit the parking lot I was ready to be done! Done and not sure what to do next.

I am beginning to think I do need to have an x-ray of my shoulder to see if I have any damage and second, I need to dig out the road bike. It's gonna be a while before I hit the woods again. Third I still don't bounce very well when I hit the ground at 20 miles an hour!

One last thing, for those of you who think "if I had something broken I would have known and already been to the doctor". Well I once walked around with a broken leg so long that by the time I did go to the doctor there was nothing they could do. It had already started healing it's self.....

Ya' got to be tough to play hard...........

No comments:

Post a Comment