Monday, January 21, 2013

Now "That" Was A Good Weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Monday and I am at work, holiday or not we are here. I park on the other side of the building and it took me about 10 minutes to get to my desk this morning!

It's all I can do to walk........

When I show up on a Monday and can't walk I know I got all there was to be had out of that time period. Recap....

Saturday am Chase and I went to the White Water Center and did our first off road foot race. It was four miles and I think I will need a leg transplant! I made to mistakes in this race: 1st one, I wore way to many clothes! It was cold and thought I might get cold. NOT! I was sweating like a pig. I wore sweat pants and a sweat shirt. Yes it was about 38 degrees when we started. I thought I would need more..... Big mistake!

2nd, I started way to far in the back. It being my first race in 20 years I thought I would stay in the back and out of every one's way. Well with so many people, when we got to the woods it was a jamb! You ended up walking before it finally really got moving. Don't worry I wasn't really bitching about it.

I ended up doing the 4 miles in 47min, Chase did it in 46min! I was proud of him! It was a muddy mess and slick. You had to really be careful and he did great. When I came out of the woods and heard them announce him at the finish I was proud!

That's my boy!

If he wants to run so do I. Whatever it takes, besides it's just another exercise. So anyhow that was Saturday. Sunday rolled around and after church I had to do something. It's all I can do to get up the steps into the house but I still had to get in something. So I loaded up and headed to Sherman for a lap. I was so sore I couldn't even stand up to pedal! I had to ride the whole lap sitting down. I ended up with a lap time of 56 minutes so I wasn't dragging I just couldn't stand up.

Then I hit the pool for 800 yards this morning so I am still on my routine. You don't really need your legs for swimming, it just sucked when it came time to get out of the pool. I thought I was gonna need help!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment