Monday, July 23, 2012

Last Minute Change of Plans..........

Sitting around, Friday evening, it's about 8 o'clock. I get a text, hey baby you care if I checkout in the morning and go with Kelly and Chris W to the ORAMM race.

LOL.. That was her first reply, she's gonna kill me when she sees I put that on here. When she figured out I was for real she was cool with it. So just like that my weekend was planned.

I packed and ready I was! Saturday am I went to the car wash and cleaned my bike, came home and lubed the chain. Maintenance was done. 2 o'clock came and on the road we where.

ghetto load job!!!!!
Picked up Chris and to the mountains we went! By the way my boy Chris W. got his pro license last week! He is now full on pro level mtn biker, throw in Kelly and his ability and I was way over my head as far as ability goes! He and I both ride Cannondale's with the Lefty fork. The front wheel doesn't come off like a regular bike with a fork. So loading them with Kelly's bike was a little tricky.

Beer drinking, I have that covered though, they are both light weights in that category. So I had one category covered! No matter what happened I was gonna win something before I came home!

on way to check in....
We get there and they check in Saturday night, that outta the way we went to Buck Creek Campground and meet up with a bunch of other racers for a big dinner. Jeff was the man putting it on and he had a keg of beer to boot! Score, I win.... They didn't want to drink with the race the next day....Losers.....

campground...we had their spot slam full of cars...
So after a good meal and some good conversation we headed to the motel. Kelly and Chris spent time getting their drop bags ready for the race and I just got ready for bed...

Lights out came early and the alarm came even earlier......Race tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment