Friday, July 20, 2012

Gonna Do It Again...........

It seems I am on a roll. Gonna meet Kelly again for the 3rd time this week, for a ride this afternoon. Yea he's kickin my ass, I am learning just how slow I have gotten in the last few months with my half ass approach to riding.

Don't get me wrong, I am riding but I ain't trying to kill it.

Somehow or another he managed to get into the ORAMM race this weekend. For those not in the know, that would be called The Off Road Assault On Mt. Mitchell. It's been sold out for months but he found someone who wanted out.

This ain't your regular bike race! It's one of the hardest things you could do this side of the Mississippi. 67 miles and 11000 feet of climbing!! No shit, his goal is just to finnish, as good of shape he is in and just finishing would be an accomplishment, I think he'll do better. We'll see...

No need for me to try to get in. Not at this point. But that's why I am riding with him as much as possible. 3 years ago I would have been right beside him with the sole intention of kicking his ass. Back then, when the stars aligned and the moon was right, I could still beat him sometimes.

Now, NOT...........

That suck's. So suffer I will!

You gotta have a goal, so in a way I am racing again. Without paying the entry fee's. All I gotta do is drag my sorry butt outta bed and show up when the fast kids ride........

No comments:

Post a Comment