Saturday, March 26, 2016

2 Weeks And Counting ,,,,,,,,,,,,

So my "hamburger trip" is now less than 2 weeks away. I hadn't ridden the Gold Wing in awhile so I drug it out of the garage and rode it a few times this week. I got my nice new yuppie riding suit and new waterproof riding gloves. If the weather goes to shit I will be ready. Again no reason for this ride other than the fact I love to ride and my dad gave me the world's greatest motorcycle capable of making trips like this.

He rode when I was a kid and then did without a bike for years. When he finally got back on a bike his age and health kinda limited him to the rides he could do. I know if he was still here he would be right beside me heading to Illinois. It might have taken a little longer but that would have been fine.                                                    It's gonna be a good hamburger!

I even went and got the bike inspected and the new tag! I never do that early I always wait till the last minute. This time I figured I would get it done and out of the way. Now I don't have to worry about it for another year. About the only thing I have left to do now is clean everything and have it nice and detailed.

Yes I know that is not really a necessity but I like to look good when I head out. Besides when I have the bike all clean and the trailer hooked up you would be surprised how many people will comment on it when you stop. It's a great conversation starter.

I can't wait to get back up into the mid-west. The wide open spaces just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! The farms the people the pace of life the whole thing. Charlotte may not be New York but the pace of life in this area has definitely changed over the last 20 years. Growth is a good thing, it means your economy is strong and it also means I sell more building materials!

But with that comes a cost! A cost that is sometimes hard to see on a daily basis. But when you look back over a 10 year period you can see it no problem. The spread out country area we moved to 25 years ago is now not much different than Charlotte it's self. The congestion is now at our door steps.

                                      Every once in a while I need the wide open spaces!

No comments:

Post a Comment