Thursday, April 2, 2015

It's Just More Fun ,,,,,,,,,,

And easier! Believe me, I have talked about this before but right now it's more evident than it has been in a long time. It's easier and more fun to go fast! As you know I have been whining about my sorry state of fitness for the last several weeks. I have even avoided riding with the fast boys lately because I knew how bad off my pace has been. But for the last 3 weeks I have been back on schedule riding at least 3-4 times a week.


It hurt at the start but now I am getting back into the groove. I know I still need to improve a good bit but last night I knocked out a 55 minute lap at my favorite testing trail. Sherman Branch! Yes I had 2 days rest in my legs, not counting a 4 mile walk the night before. But keep in mind last week it was all I could do to do an hour lap! At my best a 53 is the norm so I'll take a 55 right now for damn sure.


I rode Saturday at Uhwarrie trail and put in a lot of miles, hard climbing miles! I road for over 2 hours and I was beat! Sunday I went to Sherman and it was all I could do to get back to the car in an 1:15 minutes! I knew I was going slow but I never thought I would have taken that long. So yesterday when I came out of the woods and checked the timer I was stoked!


I knew I was rolling just by the way the trail was flowing. The climbs were coming pretty easy and the rhythm was there. Plus I was having fun! "It's Just More Fun" to go fast.


                                            Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment