Thursday, October 2, 2014

I Remember ,,,,,,,,,

My mountain biking has been limited to my trips to the mountains this year. I have been on the road bike all year, except for 1 or 2 trips I just haven't ridden it. Last night was the first in a long time! But! I had a great time! I went and road Steve's trail, aka Rocky River Trail.

The number one hardest trail in the Charlotte area! White Water Center ain't got nothing on Steve's! For proof of that statement all you need to go do is go ride it. Lets just say I went straight from work to the trail and rode right by Sherman Branch, Sherman happens to be the most popular trail in Charlotte. The parking lot was packed! I get to Steve's and have the place to myself.

Not a soul there! People go there one time and you either love it or shake your head and go once in awhile. The hard core crowd goes there all the time but not the average rider doesn't. I got out of the car with a smile on my face, I wanted the challenge! Hour and a half later I was back at the car and done. I rode everything, all the options. You end up with right at 12 miles, that's a 7.9 average speed.

I go to Sherman and it's 12 miles and I can do it in 50 minutes. That's how much harder it is! I rode the new sections, all of it and had a ball. I will be going back, it's been way to long. The woods are calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment