Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I Hate Bike Shops !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't, that would be like my dream job. What I really hate is all the fancy stuff that I drool over every time I go in one! As I mentioned yesterday we hit Bike Source Saturday to drop off Cody's bike, we checked out clothes and that was about it. I didn't really look around at all the new bikes and I didn't for a reason.

Of course the old golden rule "snowball effect" or "when it rains it pours". Both of those statements can apply. We drop of his bike Saturday and then Sunday the fork fails on my Cannondale. Back to the shop again yesterday to drop it off. A different shop! I went at lunch to drop it off and of course I forget to get a few things so I went to another shop after work yesterday. Total of 3 different shops in 3 days.

I finally gave in at the last shop last night and started looking around! That's not good! I fought the urge for 2 shops and then I started looking. Damnit! The last new bike I bought was in 2010, 4 years ago. Almost 5 but not for another few months, it's my story so now I say it's been 5 years! Well truthfully I did get a new road bike a little over a year ago. If I give it enough thought I could probably say it's been almost 2 years.

But I haven't had a mountain bike in awhile! Plus the last one I got was not a top of the line bike, it was a low end. The way that breaks down is as follows: top end bike 4000 plus, middle of the road 2500, low end 1500 or less. That was when I decided to try a 29er, I didn't want to spend to much and not like it so I bought a low end bike. Most people don't understand how the price of a bike can be so high but then again they don't ride bikes like we do!

Anyhow right now with the kid in school I don't see a low end bike in the near future but damn I like to dream! I know I am only 46 and it's way to soon to talk about buying my very last high end bike but I sure would like to have one!!!! Life is short!!!

Plus I don't want to wait till I am 60 to finally buy a high end bike and then I can't even ride it to it's full potential. I know I will still be kicking ass and riding bikes at 60 but I am smart enough to know I probably won't be as fast as I am now.. Maybe if I sell a kidney or something.........

No comments:

Post a Comment