Monday, October 20, 2014

A New Habit ????????????

Yes "A New Habit" that I don't really like! So I got my bike back Friday and had grand plans in my head for the weekend. Saturday AM came and I did a few things around the house and then out the door I went. Uhwarrie was gonna get my attention. One hour later and I was there!

I unloaded and hit the woods, I haven't been over there in several months and was looking forward to it. Uhwarrie is the closest thing to the mountains we have around here. It has quit a bit of climbing and it really is remote. Two things I was looking forward too. Plus last time I was there I walked out from about the farthest point you could get from the truck. As I pedaled by the spot that I snapped the chain last time I thought about it.

After walking out of the woods twice the other evening I was glad I wasn't walking this time. I ended up riding everything and heading to the truck. I originally planned to ride 2 laps but I knew I didn't have the energy to do it Saturday morning.  I already had a good ride in and I didn't want to ruin it by wearing myself completely out.

Then yesterday I had a small window available and I headed to Sherman. Guess what? I get to the lake loop and boom, I snap the chain! Back to walking again! That makes the 3rd walk in the last 3 rides. Granted I walked twice in one ride but that's not a good average. I am glad it didn't happen while I was at Uhwarrie the day before. That's a long walk!

I haven't walked 3 times in the last 2 years but now I have walked 3 times in 3 rides. I don't need a new "Habit"..... I need a new chain! Maybe I will get back to riding the road bike. I never have snapped a chain on that bike. Only on a mountain bike have I done that...

No comments:

Post a Comment