Thursday, July 31, 2014

Partners ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I can always count on the dog to go but that's been about it. We are talking about my walking. The wife will make an appearance once in awhile but most of the time I am on my own with the dog.

                                             But last night was different!

When I got home from my ride I decided I still wanted to keep going so I went up stairs and got Chase. He didn't want to go and I pulled the "DAD" card! So he begrudgingly came with me. He, the dog and I all headed to the country club, we got there at 7:30 so we where late enough we could walk the cart path.

Guess what! I had him running all over the course helping me find golf balls just like I was the other night! At one point I even started laughing at myself. Again, here I am 46 years old and running around hunting golf balls like a kid. The only difference was this time I had a kid with me! So that made it alright!!

At least to me it did. We left the house and he didn't really even want to go, at first he didn't even have much to say. But after we got a good stride going and found the first golf ball he was into it. We walked that whole side, 9 holes and our take for the night 6 golf balls.

It was dark when we hit the car and I spent the better part of 2 hours with my kid out and about having fun. He got away from the video games and it didn't even kill him. He even agreed to go again. If I haven't learned one thing with having Cody graduate and start school this fall it's the fact that you better do all you can with them when you can! Before you know it they grow up and start going their own direction.

Yes Cody still lives at home and I see him everyday, but he has his own things going on now. I miss our time together, like it used to be. I don't want to wake up one day and wish I had made more time for Chase. Of course he has total different interests than his brother did and yes he isn't totally sold on bicycles, like his brother was.

But we sure had fun looking for those stupid golf balls................. I can't wait to go again...........

No comments:

Post a Comment