Thursday, July 17, 2014

Observations !!!!!!!!!!!!

First off the weather was perfect last night and I finally hit the road for a quick 36 miles. So we are back on schedule, tonight is a break and then Karen has plans for Friday afternoon so I will ride then followed by Saturday and Sunday. Three more rides and I will be back up to 130!

Now for my "Observations", I had to take my to the airport this morning and then I decided to come back across Charlotte a little different way. The way I came took me right thru some of the most pricey neighborhoods. I got to see the joggers and the walkers.

It also took me through one of the rougher sides of town! When you leave the airport West Blvd isn't the nicest area of town! But as I came through there I saw something that made me take a second look. The Charlotte city buses all have a bike rack mounted on the front. Not trying to be prejudice or make statements that offend anyone, but you never see black people get off and get a bike off the front of the bus.

Today I did, and then I got to sit there at the light and watch her get on and ride! No big deal but she was probably in her 50's and riding a nice Specialized Globe bicycle. It was neat though, she new how to ride and it was very obvious she rides all the time.

I know this for a fact because the first thing she did as she glided down the sidewalk was let go of the bars and start digging around in her purse for something. Never once even weaving, made me proud! The fact that she could appreciate a nice bike and was used to using the buses for transportation was really cool. You might see that on a regular basis in New York city but here in Charlotte it just doesn't happen.

People don't use public transportation here. Everybody drives a car no matter what, they drive everywhere! I live in the country and of course we have no bus service. So to see someone use the bus and a bike on the same trip makes me proud! I don't care what color they are, that's what it's there for.

She made me jealous!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment