Friday, March 7, 2014

Lapse or Laps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Call it what ya want but I went off the deep end yesterday! I wrote my blog and then went and read Dicky's blog. http://teamdicky.blogspot.com/  He was talking about all these races he has planned for the year and he posted links to all of them. Next thing I know I am signed up for a couple of them and giving serious thought to a few of the others.

What the hell was I thinking! For some reason they all seemed  like good ideas. I love the mountains and I need a few goals for the year. I know I won't be winning any of them but you tend to do the bigger races like these for personal goals more than any other reason. Last year I did Jerrodon Mtn. challenge and now I have a goal to do better this year.

It's gonna be a fun summer! All I need is a reason to head west, any reason at all works for me. Here is the current list of reason's:     Pisgah 55.5k that's May 18th then I have Jerrodon Mtn. Challenge in July. Those are booked, I keep looking at the Iron Mountain 100k at the end of June. It seems to be calling my name. I plan to think about it over the weekend then make a decision.

Also in September there is the Pisgah Monster Cross. A 70 mile gravel road race that I would like to do. We can't forget the Swank 65 in November either. The mountains are full of races I want to do!

So for now I need to ride! Tomorrow is gonna be great and I am gonna be riding. I have about 8 weeks to get ready for the first one so it's time to get busy...........

No comments:

Post a Comment