Thursday, August 29, 2013

Catching Up ,,,,,,,,,,,

We had a slow week or two here at work and then the sun came back out and we are bouncing of the walls! As I always say, "that's a good thing". I like to play and that costs money so work I must.

OK, back to the weekend. We had a big event occur on Sunday that really mad me proud! My youngest son Chase got baptized! He made the decision while he was at camp that he was ready. Then to top it off he asked my to help do it!

I got to climb in the pool with him and be a part of the whole process! Cody had his mom join him so I was really happy to be a part of it for Chase. As I have said before I have good kids and I am really thankful for that! We also had a cookout Sunday afternoon at church and had some really great food! That was nice after a ride.

So with that happening Sunday and riding all weekend I had a great relaxing weekend. I need more like that.

Then Monday night was a lazy night, I cleaned the motorcycle up that was about it. Tuesday night I went out and rode for 2 plus hours and that was nice. It was hot, but not to bad.

Wednesday night (last night) was a soccer game that I went to and Karen had to take Chase to church. When I got home it was in the front door change cars and head back out. I picked up Chase and we were home about 9pm.

Day over!

One other thing I slipped in over the last few days was a trip to the DMV. I have been riding street bikes for the last 25 years. Over that period of time I have ridden with a permit and without a permit. Sometimes I would renew my permit and sometimes I wouldn't. If I didn't renew it I would go a few years and finally break down and go take the test again. That way I would be legal to ride again.

So long story short there have been stretches when I wasn't legal to ride!

No I am! A year ago I went and got my permit again and it was about to run out! As in it ran out Friday! I finally made a point to get this taken care of once and for all. I have a class A license and can drive tractor trailers if I take a notion. Even pull hazardous and tankers! But I have never been really fully legal to ride a stupid motorcycle.

Now I am! I rode through the cones and passed my test!

Twenty years late,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    Shit happens..........


No comments:

Post a Comment