Monday, July 15, 2013

Now We Get Ready !!!!!!!!!

OK, first off. Yes my kid came home! I was glad to see him. It was a weird week last week with only Cody around, Even he missed having his brother there. I was waiting when the bus pulled up, he got off and I embarrassed him with a big hug. He got over it though and then we got his bags and headed home.

It's funny though because as soon as we got home he went straight to his room and played on his computer and took a nap. I guess he needed some space himself. After his nap he came down and we had a great evening. He's already talking about next year.

Then Saturday am came around and I went for a good ride, from the house to Wingate to Pageland and back to Monroe. Total of 55 miles! With a lot of climbing. I was on the bike for 3 hours and 16 minutes. Now I just have to get used to doing that consistently. I can go like that one day and then the next day I can't do it. I just can't recover fast enough.

I got up yesterday and went out before church, 18 miles later I was home and it was a slow ride! My legs are still a little sore today. I plan to ride this evening after I mow the yard. If I have enough time. Or I might wait and just get out tomorrow night.

Either way we will be heading out Friday morning for the race Saturday. I am already starting to get things together........

No comments:

Post a Comment