Monday, July 22, 2013

It's Official !!!!!!!!!!!!

I Suck!!!!!!!       "It's Official"

Saturday morning over the course of 3 hours I figured that out. I did the Jerdon Mtn Challenge in Old Fort NC. It's the warm up race the day before ORAMM. We only had to do 31 miles compared to 65 miles. Honestly I don't think I could do that many miles at this point.

The 31 miles liked to killed me! I had a mechanical issue that started about 10 miles in that set the tone for the rest of my day. My tire went flat on Kitsuma trail and I should have stopped and changed over to a tube right then and there, of course I didn't and that was my mistake.

I am used to doing the shorter cross country races and not the endurance type stuff. In a cross country race if you stop and change a flat you will get passed by the whole field. In a longer race you have the time to make up for lost time. Well when it went flat I stopped and filled it back up with a Co2 canister. That worked for a while and I thought all was well.

Then it started going flat every few miles! So I would stop and refill it. I wasted about 30 to 40 extra minutes on that. I ended up going through 6 CO2 bottles! I had 2 with me and I found 2 on the trail and a friend gave me 2. I should have just fixed it and been done with it!

Lesson learned!!!!

Now for the rest of the race. I honestly hated it so bad at the time I was doing it I had decided I would never race a bike again!

Never ever ever!!

Now on Monday morning I am trying to figure out how I can improve next year! All the pain and suffering is just a distant memory. That was the most fun I have had in a long time. Even riding a bike with a flat tire, that was fun as hell. I got to let it hang out damn near sideways on the fire roads. Flat and all!

I walked I cussed and swore I would never do it again! Now I can't wait to do it again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment