Friday, July 5, 2013

4TH And Done.....

It came, It went,,,,,,,, One more 4th of July in the books. I made the most of it like any other good o'll American. Rode the road bike for about 37 miles came home drank beer took a nap, took some Advil and then did the cookout thing.

Didn't want anymore beer so I was in bed early, about 9:30 the lights where out. Now I sit at work for the first half of the day and then I am headed out on the road bike. Yesterday I spent the ride doing an old route. I used to spend all my time riding around the New Salem area. Between the house New Salem and Oakboro.

Then I started riding all down around Pageland and Jefferson. I enjoy the roads down that way, there is hardly any traffic and the roads are actually really nice. Believe it or not, there are a ton of hills down south too.

So yesterday at 8am I was out the door and headed toward New Salem. I got to climb hills I had forgot all about. Once I was there I went east on Hwy 218 for 3 miles and turned up Holly School Rd. Now I know not many people who read this know where I am talking about but most people from Charlotte know Hwy 218 anyway.

Holly School Rd is right outside Olive Branch, and when you turn on it the first thing you do is switch to the easiest gear you have. Straight up is what you are doing. It is one of the longer steep hills in my area. It cuts over to Olive Branch Rd and then you turn right and head back to Monroe.

I ended up with 35 miles and I was happy. I for got how much fun it is to ride out that way. Again it was back to riding by myself. I didn't see a single cyclist! So today I am going to do a short ride here at the house and then this weekend I am gonna do a ride I haven't done in several years.

Saturday AM I want to ride over to Ansonville again. That ride has a few monster hills and by the time I get home I will be knocking on 80 miles. That will be a fun day, I am already looking forward to it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment