Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Then I Rode................

So before the party Saturday I did slip out on the road bike and got a good ride in. Then Sunday I was up early and did it again. Only difference between the two rides would be the route and the wind.

Saturday I went through the south side of town and got in about 35 miles. If I remember correctly back when I was riding the road bike I was on a south side kick. I have ridden the Pageland side of Monroe so many times I wanted a new area. Subconsciously I went right back to where I used to be.

Funny how that worked out. Matter of fact I was on Google here at the office yesterday looking at different routes. Then Sunday came around and the wind was blowing, I had two choices. Stay at home or keep my elbows tucked in and hope for the best.

I took option two, out the door and on the road again. This time I went downtown Monroe and just went exploring for 8 miles. It's amazing how many areas of Monroe I have never seen and lived here for 14 years. It ain't that large so it's kinda surprising.

So after that I finally hit the road and sucked it up. Even turned out it wasn't that bad. I road around for a while and then turned back to town. Back through downtown and out 601 to the house. Grand total of 44 miles.

79 miles for the weekend, all on road bikes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment