Monday, April 8, 2013

I Will Be Back.............

That was a blast! Charleston SC, April 5th 2014. Will be the 37th annual Cooper River Bridge Run!

I will be there!

I was up at 6:30am got a shower got dressed and warmed up a ham biscuit. Out the door I went with my directions in hand. I munched on my biscuit and walked through the neighborhood in the dark. Got through eating and found a trash can.

A mile and a half later I was at the start. I got there way early and had to wait a while but it wasn't to long. 8am the invitees went off and my group went off about 25 minutes later.

I ran the whole thing, up over and down through Charleston I went. One hour two minutes and 26 seconds later I had ran my first 10k! 6.2 miles.

Until Saturday the furthest I had ever ran in a race was 4 miles. I swear I was so proud of myself I almost cried. I finished 6387th male finisher and 10782 overall! Out of 39000 people!!!!!!

I started running about 2 weeks after Christmas, I started swimming right before Christmas. I stopped smoking back in August! I have lost 20 pounds and feel great. I honestly didn't know if I could run that far or not.

With that being my goal, just don't stop! I made it and know I can do better! If I hadn't had to go through so many people I would have been under the hour mark.

Now I need another foot race!

Until then, back in the pool tomorrow am and mountain bike tomorrow night......

Believe me, you can do anything if you put your mind to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment