Saturday, April 13, 2013

Close,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No it didn't kill me but damn if my left leg ain't hurting! I guess it goes back about 20 years when I used to race dirt bikes all the time.

I broke my lower out side "tibula", the smaller bone in your lower leg. At least that's what I think it's called. But anyway I broke it and didn't realize it at the time. I just kept it wrapped tight and went about my everyday business.

Of course I finally had it x-rayed and found out it had been broken but it was already healing and there wasn't anything the doc could do at that time.

Well now that I decided I am gonna run it has been a little sore. After last night I have woken up and it's really sore! Like killing me sore!

I ran my 5k last night, my second race in less than a week and it hurts. But the good news is I ran it in 28:10! That's 5 minutes faster than my last 5k so I am proud of that. Plus I have a week to get over my soreness before my next 5k.

Yep I doing one next Saturday night in Albemarle. They have a 5k and a half marathon going on so I plan to go. It's gonna be at the Badin Rd drive inn theatre. While we run they are showing a couple of kids movies for the families.

Should be fun!!!!!

Now where is my ace bandage! I need to wrap my leg!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment