Monday, July 9, 2012

Damn.......... Just A Little Rant........

I love summer and I love winter! It depends on which time of year I am thinking about the other. I think I like winter better at this time of the year!

Sounds rather fickle but it is what it is....I rode Beatty park Friday evening and then meet a group Saturday am at Back Yard Trails. Right now I am riding my 29er because of the broke frame on my Specialized. As I have said before I am not a fan of 29ers but it beats not riding at all!

I am just faster on the 26 and that's what I like to ride. So Friday was kinda like a get to know you a little better ride and Saturday I figured out right quick, the 29er is not a good choice for trails as tight as BYT!

It was fun but I won't be back there until the 26 is fixed. Lake Norman is a perfect trail for 29 but really tight and technical trails are not what it's made for!

Now for the ride Saturday, I meet with a new group of guys, one of them I have ridden with a few times and the others it was the first time. AND THE LAST.....Why?

Because my regular riding buddies and I understand that when we say let's ride at 9am that means we are riding at 9am! Not "let's kinda get there at 9 and then oil our chain and make water bottles and check shock pressure". All that is stuff you should have done when you get there!

I get there and I am ready to ride at 9, on the bike ready! 2 guys show up at 9 then the other 3 roll in about 10 after, then they want to chat and get ready. By the time everybody is actually ready to ride it's now 9:45! WTF..........

I live the furthest from the trails and I am ready to ride AT 9.... Nobody else is... No offence they where good guys and I enjoyed the ride, but I won't make a point to do it again... Or if I do I will know that 9 means 10........

OK, now I feel a little better I got it out of my system.................

No comments:

Post a Comment