Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rest Day............

As much as I hate it, I have got to take a rest day! When I sat down to write this the first title that came to me was "I Hurt".

Then I realized that was the title yesterday. I can't use the same title twice and if that was what came to mind it must be time.

Plus this would be the third post in a row where I whine! Nobody likes whiners!

But I am not whining I am training! BIG difference....

Yea right!!!!!!

OK last night as soon as I got home I changed and took off on the road bike. My legs where so sore from the run the night before I thought it would help. Work the soreness out type of thing. The first 4 miles where tough but then I seemed to get into a rhythm. It hurt a lot to stand up and climb so I tried to just sit and spin.

I had the short route planned so I stuck to the plan. Exactly 25 miles and I was pulling into the driveway. I kept the speed down for most of the ride, only when I had the wind in my favor did I kick it up to the big ring. When I got off the bike I had a 16.5 average. Not great, but not bad.

I usually try for an 18 average so I defiantly felt the wind and the running. After that I came home, got the wife to join me and away we went. We walked for about 45 minutes and called it a night.

Two oranges and a ham sandwich topped off with strawberry cake ( I earned it) and I was ready for the bed. My legs are killing me...

Rest day it is !!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment