Monday, March 5, 2012

"Jenna" Brown..........

Today's post is defiantly a different direction for me. I really try to keep this blog full of stupid stuff, but sometimes life gets in the way. With that being said I dedicate this blog post to the late Jenniffer Blalock "Jenna" Brown.....

I am gonna start this with a story. In my line of work I have a steady stream of sales reps. coming through my office all day everyday. Most of them you say hi to and wish they would find someone else to bug. Very few do you ever really get to know, much less come to be friends with.

Well Jenna Browns husband Dave, he is one of the few I would call my friend. I have had the pleasure of knowing him for the last 8-10 years, we have even been golfing together on occasion. In 2006 I lost my father, and was out of work for several days. David just happen to come by the office on the day of the funeral. When he found out everybody was heading to my fathers funeral that day he dropped what he was doing and came.

No reason, other than the fact he felt he needed to. That day was a blur to me obviously, I don't remember much of it, I promise you! But I do remember Looking up at one point and there was Dave standing there. You only meet a few people in life that will go out of there way just "because".

Are we close enough that he needed to come, no. But he did.

The point of that little story is to try and help you understand what kinda person he is. You won't find anyone better.

When you meet someone like that it hurts you when they have to go through something like he and his family have been through. You see Dave and Jenna got married a few years ago and had a little girl. Not long after that they found out she had cancer. At the time she was 31 years old.

For the last 3 years they have been through Hell! You would think at her age, everything would workout. It didn't. She finally lost the fight last Thursday night and they will be having a memorial for her tomorrow.

I never had the chance to meet Jenna, life just had a way of getting in the way. My kids are a little older and we talked about getting together but it just never happened. For this I am sorry, just knowing Dave I know I missed an opportunity to meet a special person..

My thoughts and prayers are with the family, David I am sorry for your unbelievable loss..

                                                                          Richard Markland

No comments:

Post a Comment